Welcome to my blog! Visit my Website at WWW.ARTBYTANYATORRES.COM to see the galleries organized by theme.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Mary Magdalene Celebration 2014


Mary Magdalene, Our Lady of Flowers by Tanya Torres, oil on canvas board, 10" x 8", 2013


This year, Raquel Z. Rivera and I will be celebrating Mary Magdalene again! You are invited to join us on Saturday, July 19, 2014 at El Chante Gallery in Albuquerque, New Mexico with a series of wonderful events hosted by Raquel and I, Tanya: 

Starting around 2:00 p.m.:
•Non-denomimational blessing/service dedicated to Mary Magdalene led by Reverend Zorina Costello
•Tertulia Magdalénica: A conversation to share and listen to the stories of all our journeys with Mary Magdalene. (In English, but we can help you in Spanish!)
•Art workshop, with me!
•Concert with Raquel. Join her in singing her songs to Mary Magdalene. Lets sing and dance to celebrate! Starting at 6:00 pm
•Art Exhibition Opening: My Magdalenes (new ones and some of the images in this page) will be in exhibition at El Chante Art Gallery along with two other local artist. Join us at 6:00-9:00 pm!

You are invited. 
FREE. 
All are welcome. 

More information to come! I am announcing this early so you can save all your money and join us!

P.S. Some friends are traveling from NY, California and Arizona. Take the weekend off and join us in Albuquerque!!!

*** 

Are you a devotee of Mary Magdalene? Send me your mailing address to tanyaetorres@yahoo.com and I will mail you a beautiful postcard with her image.

No comments: