Welcome to my blog! Visit my Website at WWW.ARTBYTANYATORRES.COM to see the galleries organized by theme.

Friday, June 20, 2014

Join us in Albuquerque

I know it sounds a little over the top, but I am inviting YOU to join Raquel and I in Albuquerque this year, July 18-19, 2014. What for?

Friday, July 18: I will be at Bright Rain Gallery with a selection of my handmade objects and a poetry reading from Sophia's Light, my latest handmade book. It is so tiny you can wear in close to your heart! Join me at Bright Rain Gallery in the evening. More information to come!
Sophia's Light, an edition of 100 handmade miniature books.

Saturday, July 19: We are gathering at El Chante Casa de Cultura for our Mary Magdalene Celebration. We will have a ceremony and you will make your very own mini-pendant book:

And as we make it, we will talk about Mary Magdalene, our stories, discoveries, ideas, inspirations, culminating with Raquel Z. Rivera's 7 Songs of Praise for the Magdalene

and the opening to the exhibition of my Magdalenes in the space of El Chante.


The events are free and you can bring your whole tribe with you. For the workshop, please let me know that you will participate so I can have your materials ready. And Raquel is asking everyone to join her in singing the songs. It will be magical!

Mary Magdalene of the Light, Oil on Canvas Board, 20" x 16", 2010. Also called "my modigliani".
•And… it will be Frida Kahlo Weekend in Albuquerque! Sounds fun, doesn't it? Bring your eyebrows and ribbons!

One of my Frida tiles, 2014. Have you seen this.  Not is you are not part of my VIP list! Sign up here: http://form.jotform.co/form/33406914001846? 

Will you come?

No comments: