Welcome to my blog! Visit my Website at WWW.ARTBYTANYATORRES.COM to see the galleries organized by theme.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Kitchen Mosaic

This mosaic is already installed in the Tile Kitchen I did a couple years ago. 

Katherine, who lives in Harlem, has a beautiful brownstone that she decorates in her colorful, whimsical style. We met when I did my very first muse tiles, and she was either the first or second person who bought them. She asked me right away if I could do her kitchen, and even though I told her it would take me a few months to be able to start the project, she called me on the exact date that I gave her. She is one of those people who just make your heart joyous by their very presence. 

This is the message she left me when she saw the installed mosaic:
"I just walked into the kitchen, now I can't walk out again! I want to stay there, I want to look, look, look. You are just so creative and so everything that I just can't describe it, I love it, love it, love it, I love the butterfly (I put a little butterfly apart from the counter, on the wall, like flying away.) And I guess I'll just have somebody come and push me out of the kitchen, and just use half of the kitchen so I can do some cooking, because what you did is just too creative to really want to eat. Thank you!"

I just thought the message was so cute that I needed to keep it for ever! Sorry for the shameless self-promotion! But as you can see you run the risk of not wanting to eat or cook if I ever do a mosaic in your kitchen, so it is not really promotion,
;-)

I  will post the finished countertop and backsplash in a couple of weeks, when I get to grout it, because the holidays caught up with us and it is still not finished.







No comments: