Welcome to my blog! Visit my Website at WWW.ARTBYTANYATORRES.COM to see the galleries organized by theme.

Monday, April 02, 2012

Whispers of Heaven

Susurros del Cielo por Tanya Torres
Whispers of Heaven by Tanya Torres, Oil on canvas, 20" x 16", 2012.

"Love surrounds us, holds us, makes us free to love and be loved..." 

Fr. Frank Sabatté's words seemed to define my view of God, and inspired the drawing for this painting. I was creating Life, Art and Letters at the time, with the poems and other writing I found in my friends' websites (with their written permission, of course!) Father Frank is an artist and Catholic priest I met a couple years ago whose view on spiritual matters was surprisingly similar, if not identical, to what Raquel and I were formulating with our Mary Magdalene works.

How does Love look? The words "Love surrounds us, holds us, makes us free to love and be loved..." made me think of doves whispering truths, or kissing one's hair and face as a blessing. This is the kind of love that unites all creatures, all creation.

The birds are freedom, the face is the human being, the colors are the light and warmth of Heaven. It is the right of every human being to be free, but for most of us, a terribly difficult task. Part of the quest is to listen to the messages of the Spirit, and accept the guidance of Love above all matters.


Reproductions and Greeting Cards available in my Etsy Shops: 
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tanyaetorres
http://www.etsy.com/shop/YellowButterflyShop

2 comments:

Daliaflor said...

Que hermosa!!! Me llena de amor y ternura!!! mmm... Esas palomas tienen las alas muy parecidas a como las vi en mi vision cuando vi las de el angel San Rafael. Se ven suaves y llenas de vida. Cuando la vi senti una emocion por la exibicion aqui en NY quizas despues de Praga. Adelante !! El trabajo es muy espiritual, sanador, artistico y muy hermoso. iiiuujuuu!!!! estoy pitando..

Hoy, artista said...

Siempre me pones una gran sonrisa en los labios!!! Claro que habra exhibicion en NY! Y pitaremos juntas!!!