Welcome to my blog! Visit my Website at WWW.ARTBYTANYATORRES.COM to see the galleries organized by theme.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Mary Magdalene, Our Lady of Joyful Beauty

Mary Magdalene, Our Lady of Joyful Beauty by Tanya Torres
10" x 8", Oil on Canvas,  2017. 

Every year I create one or more paintings of Mary Magdalene. This year, Mary Magdalene, Our Lady of Joyful Beauty began with a simple drawing I use to paint my muses on tile. 

Little by little, it began transforming into Mary Magdalene, with her heart open, and full of light. 

I am interested in the idea of the Sacred Heart and the connection among human beings through entrainment, a continuous interchange between consciousnesses. When two or more vibrating bodies are close, little by little they will begin vibrating at the same rate. This happens inside of us and outside. This is how we become one with the Universe.

This original painting on canvas was finished in July 2017 to be presented at The Mary Magdalene Celebration on July 22, 2017. It is an oil on canvas and it comes framed on a wooden canvas floater frame. 

I hope this luminous image of Mary Magdalene can be appreciated as an artwork or as a piece for meditation and connection to the energy of Mary Magdalene. 

No comments: