Welcome to my blog! Visit my Website at WWW.ARTBYTANYATORRES.COM to see the galleries organized by theme.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Reinita in the Garden (Sacred Garden)

Pencil on Rives BFK paper.
7.5" x 9.75"
12/26/2010

As a child, I loved reinitas. These little birds always flew around my house, and I used to love their yellow chests. I had not seen them for a long time, until today.

Today, this reinita seems to have penetrated the veil between my imaginary garden and El Yunque, the rain forest in Puerto Rico. Now I am inviting other animals into the garden: the Puerto Rican boa, the múcaro, the parrots, the bat, the iguana who is coming from La Mona to visit, the hummingbird, the guaraguao, and of course, the Coquí. They are bringing some Yuca into the garden, so we can grow it. The goddesses of el Yunque have agreed to visit as well.

2 comments:

Migdalia said...

Felicidades por tu nuevo nacimiento. Que beloo!! que hermoso jardin, ya estoy alli. Oh!! se siente hermmoso estar aqui!! Gracias Tanya por regalarnos este bello jardin con las reinitas a las que adoro tambien.
un abrazo

Elisa Merino C. said...

Te felicito me encantan, que bonitos son. Vaya ambiente poético y de color y fiesta que has dejado. Un beso
Elisa