Welcome to my blog! Visit my Website at WWW.ARTBYTANYATORRES.COM to see the galleries organized by theme.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A leaf fluttered in through the window this morning, as if supported by the rays of the sun, a bird settled on the fire escape, joy in the task of coffee, joy accompanied me as I walked.
Anais Nin

Great Joy has accompanied me, too, in the task that began 2 years ago and that I now look forward to celebrating. I had never done a mosaic, and my only experience doing a mural was at the age of 14, when a teacher asked me and a classmate to copy an image she liked and paint a mural outside her classroom. But I decided to have faith and trust myself as Mr. Israel Soto, the principal of P.S. 57, was trusting me when he proposed that I do a mosaic mural on the wall of his beautiful school. Like I often do when I fear something a great deal, I dove into it and began cutting little tiles without a second thought.

I really meant to celebrate the completion of the first mural, but time passed and projects and life went on without pause, and I soon saw myself finishing another wall full of tiny pieces of glass. Now, with the completion of the second one (a third one is to come next year), I feel I want to pause, reconnect with friends, share some nice things to eat and drink, and feel the warmth of the people who have supported me all these years with their words of encouragement, love and trust. Please come and celebrate with me, and bring me a little of your good energy and love. I hope you enjoy seeing the murals and I will really enjoy seeing you!

Tanya

When: June 6, 2008
Where: PS 57, 115 Street between Lexington and 3rd Avenues
Time: 6:00-8:00 pm
Info: 646-267-9681
Transportation: #6 to 116 Street, buses: M101, M102, M103, M98, M1, M2, M3, M4

No comments: