Welcome to my blog! Visit my Website at WWW.ARTBYTANYATORRES.COM to see the galleries organized by theme.

Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Review 94: Literature and Arts of the Americas

I met author Ernesto Quiñónez (Bodega Dreams, Chango's Fire) back when I had just opened Mixta Gallery in 2000. He was walking around the neighborhood with his Spanish editor and they stopped by to look at the art. 

Since then, he became a friend and a supporter of my work and that of the young poets who used to hang out and share their work at the gallery. We were his fans and he was ours. He even mentioned me in his book Chango's Fire. I'm a character in a book ;) !!

So many years later, we haven't seen each other in a while, but he is always present and always in my heart. Last year, he surprised me by not just including my work in this publication of CCNY students and Alumni, but also writing about it! 

Thank you Ernesto and Daniel Shapiro for your work and your support. Here go the cover and the article.







No comments: